There are no magic ways to go about keeping your job. However, the following tricks may be helpful:
- If there are manuals that describe your duties, read them.
- If the company provides you with training, take notes or listen carefully and try to put what you learn into practice.
- You are allowed to make mistakes. If you make one, apologize and try not to do it again.
- Ask questions soon when you start your new job instead of taking liberties that may have consequences that are unknown to you.
- If you are on a team, introduce yourself to your coworkers and ask them to explain their duties. They will be able to help you if you need it.
- Then, take your breaks at the same time as your colleagues and try to maintain a good relationship with them. However, take care that your breaks don’t get too long. Attend meetings and social activities so you get to know your new coworkers.
- After a few weeks, ask your boss if he or she is satisfied with your performance. This would be a good time to improve in areas where you are lacking. You will show that you are eager to improve and are proactive and conscientious.
- Show good humour, motivation and alertness. Give it your all and stay positive: there are no problems, only challenges and solutions!
Now, it’s all up to you!