Are you put off by life insurance?
Indeed, having to think about the consequences of death, disability or illness is not particularly pleasant!
But life changes, as do your needs
It is important to take the time to go over your coverage and make sure it is still appropriate. Life stages, like the birth of a child, the purchase of property or starting a new business, require a financial commitment on your part.
Life and health insurance:
- Minimizes the potential financial repercussions of an accident, illness or death on your financial security and that of your loved ones.
- Could be a very useful financial planning tool since it protects the value of taxable assets.
Need a review?
It’s worth reviewing your individual life and health insurance if:
- Your coverage hasn’t changed in the last 3 or 5 years.
- You have new family and fiscal responsibilities, like the birth of a child or the purchase of property, since it came into force.
- Taking the current economic context and inflation into account, the income generated by your life insurance’s proceeds no longer suffices to maintain your standard of living after your death.
Did you know?
The group insurance offered by your employer gives you good affordable coverage. However, what if you leave your job? If your health prevents you from taking out other insurance, you may convert your group insurance according to the policy provisions and required rates.