Provincial and federal governments have a variety of programs in place to stimulate entrepreneurship and help businesses succeed.
- Some programs help businesses obtain debt financing while others award subsidies to help improve company funding.
- Several programs are aimed at specific types of clients, such as SMEs, cooperatives, new economy businesses, non-profit organizations, young people, businesses in remote areas, female entrepreneurs, etc.
- Other programs support specific types of business activities such as research and development, exportation or marketing efforts.
- The type of financial support available differs from one program to another and can come in the form of tax credits, loan guarantees, subsidies or direct loans to support a particular aspect of the business.
- Each program has specific requirements such as firm size, age of business principals, industry, etc.
Find out more
- Business Credit Availability Program
- Association française-canadienne de l’Ontario (ACFO)
- Community business development corporations:
- Canada Business Services for Entrepreneurs
- Industry Canada
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Export Development Canada
- Canada Economic Development
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Canadian Agricultural Loans Act Program (CALA)
- Small Business Enterprise Centres (Ontario)