Teller (internal/external posting)
Contest Number: 2209-0101
Reporting to the Assisted Operations & Transactions Manager, the teller serves members and clients with their monetary transactions. He/she advises them judiciously in the use of products and services, as well as the ATMs, and accompanies them in their transactions, if necessary. They also provide general information on the Caisse’s services offered to members.
- Perform monetary and convenience transactions (e.g., bill payments, changes to member accounts, personalized cheque orders);
- Enter data into systems;
- Prepare, verify and confirm supporting documents for transactions;
- Advise and support members in the choice and optimal use of the various tools made available to them to promote their autonomy and automation (e.g.: ATM and AccèsD);
- Identify suspicious transactions and report them to his/her supervisor;
- Inform and answer members’ questions about the various services and products offered and direct them to the appropriate departments;
- Balances his/her cash drawer at the end of the day and assists colleagues if necessary;
- To listen to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their complete satisfaction, identify sales opportunities and, if necessary, refer them to people who can meet their needs.
Education: High school diploma
• Be familiar with office tools;
• Be approchable and customer oriented;
• Demonstrate professional rigor and attention to detail;
• Be able to work in a team;
• Have good organizational skills;
• Maintain confidentiality.
- Paid vacation days;
- Pension plan (full time);
- Statutory holidays;
- Competitive salary;
- Work advancement;
- Group insurance (health coverage);
- Employee assistance programs and helpful programs (full time);
- Good work/life balance;
• Retired indidivuals wanting a second career or part-time work;
• Young people enrolled in distance-learning;
• Anglophones who understand French, but who are not yet fluent;
• At home caregivers looking for part-time work;
• Already part-time workers seeking more hours;
• Students having decided to take a break from school.
Branch location: Longlac
Work period: Monday to Friday
Employee status: Permanent Part-time, full-time or on call
Salary: According to the N2 level of the salary scale in effect
Those interested in applying should send their resume to the attention of
Ms. Kendra-Leigh Laflèche, Human Resources Assistant,
at the following email address: email@example.com
Be sure to include the contest number in your application to be considered.
We offer equal opportunity to all.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who take part in every step of the hiring process.
Applicants are subject to a surety bond prending approval by the insurer.
To work at the Caisse you must at least understand French (be able to understand what you are being told,
be able to read and write, but not necessarily master the language when speaking, writing, etc)