Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- Main feature: enhance financial security for yourself or your loved ones with severe and prolonged disabilities
- Maximum contribution: lifetime limit of $200,000 per beneficiary
- Contributions may qualify beneficiary for:
Who should get this investment?
The beneficiary of a RDSP must:
- be eligible for the Disability Tax Credit based on the Canada
Revenue Agency’s criteria
- have a valid social insurance number (SIN)
- be under the age of 60
- be a resident of Canada
|Deposit amount and frequency||
Since earnings grow tax-free, it is best to invest at the beginning of the year.
|Beneficiaries||The plan must have only one beneficiary. This beneficiary may only have a single plan at any one time.|
|Other||Contributions may qualify beneficiary for:
CDSG and CDSB amounts depend on the beneficiary’s net family income.
See the 2 calculation examples
Find out more
Download the Registered Disability Savings Plan flyer