There are many types of bursaries; bursaries to recognize academic excellence, sports or artistic success. In looking at the philosophy of the cooperative and community movement, Caisse Alliance will offer two
new bursaries in 2020. This initiative is to recognize a significant contribution or commitment to sustainable development in our communities.
Thus, Caisse Alliance is proud to present two $5,000 bursaries; one for a secondary school student who is planning to enroll in a post-secondary program, and one for a student who is already enrolled in a college or university undergraduate program.
Using the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, developed by the United Nations (https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/) – as shown in Section 5 of the Bursary Application Form – tell us how your involvement in a project has met one or more of these goals.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- Have an overall average of minimum 80% in your last year of study;
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary program;
- Be a member of Caisse Alliance;
- Be involved in your community (cooperative, community, cultural, student or business activities, etc.);
- Submit two 250-word texts on sustainable development, to be evaluated (Section 5).
Click here for the Bursary Application Form.
Applications will be accepted between March 1 and March 31, 2020, at 4 pm. The selected candidates will be notified in June 2020.
Do you have a project idea? We encourage you to pursue and make your project(s) a reality. You may be
eligible for this bursary in the coming years!
Our youth… building happiness!
Need a loan? Visit our Personal loan page.