Bonus terms and conditions (“Bonus”)
- A Bonus is offered by Caisse populaire Alliance limitée (CPAL) to its members.
- A Bonus is offered from January 7 to March 31, 2021 (“Bonus Period”). CPAL may terminate the Bonus Period at any time.
- CPAL may modify at any time a Bonus during the Bonus Period and change the terms and conditions.
- A Bonus applies to eligible deposits made during the Bonus Period to the following accounts:
- TFSA Savings Account
- High Interest S@vings Account – RRSP
- The Bonus is added to the current interest rate posted on each eligible account. The rate is fixed annually and interest is calculated daily. Interest is paid out at the end of every month. The Bonus is paid out into the eligible account at the end of each month and on the day after the promotion ends.
- Eligible deposits must meet all the terms and conditions specified below:
- Must be made to an eligible account during the Bonus Period.
- The total eligible deposits cannot exceed a million dollars ($1,000,000.00).
- For deposits made to an eligible account that is already active during the Bonus Period, the balance as at March 31, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. will be used to calculate the Bonus. Any amount exceeding the balance at this time will be considered an eligible deposit, subject to the conditions set out herein.
- For deposits made to an eligible account opened during the Bonus Period, the balance used to calculate the Bonus is set at zero (0). Any amount exceeding the initial balance is considered an eligible deposit, subject to the conditions set out herein.
- Cannot come from another account in the same category. Account transfers made from an account from the same category are not considered eligible deposits.
- The Bonus cannot be combined with any other promotion or bonus rate.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these conditions and the content of any document, brochure or promotional material about the Bonus, the conditions herein shall prevail.
- CPAL reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke an account holder’s eligibility for the Bonus at any time if it believes that the account holder manipulated or abused the integrity of the process to receive a Bonus.
All deposits made to a TFSASavings Account and a High Interest S@vings Account – RRSP are subject to the contribution limits set by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The RRSP contribution limit is on the Notice of Assessment from the CRA. Members are fully responsible for ensuring that they respect their contribution limits.