Deposit a cheque
Mobile deposit allows members to deposit a cheque without having to go to the Caisse Populaire or ATM. It’s easy: simply take a picture of your cheque.
Are you an AccèsD Affaires user? See Mobile deposit for businesses.
How mobile deposit works
- Take a photo of the front and back of your cheque using your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter the amount of the cheque and select the account you wish to deposit to.
- The amount deposited will be available immediately in your account.
- Repeat for each cheque you wish to deposit.
It’s easy, quick and free!
What you need to know
- Most cheques are eligible for mobile deposits.
- The cheque must be in Canadian currency and come from a Canadian financial institution.
- Mobile deposits can be made to personal chequing accounts or non-registered regular savings accounts.
- When making a mobile deposit, you must keep the original cheque for 10 days before disposing of it securely.
- Rules applicable to cheque hold periods are the same as those for cheques deposited at the Caisse Populaire.
- There are deposit limits:
- Deposits up to $2,000 for cheques from a financial institution out of province.
- Daily limit of $10,000; $100,000 limit per 30-day period.
This feature is free.