Mobile deposit allows members to deposit a cheque without having to go to the Caisse Populaire or ATM. It’s easy: simply take a picture of your cheque.
Are you an AccèsD Affaires user? See Mobile deposit for businesses.
How mobile deposit works
- Take a photo of the front and back of your cheque using your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter the amount of the cheque and select the account you wish to deposit to.
- The amount deposited will be available immediately in your account.
- Repeat for each cheque you wish to deposit.
It’s easy, quick and free!
What you need to know
- Most cheques are eligible for mobile deposits.
- The cheque must be in Canadian currency and come from a Canadian financial institution.
- Mobile deposits can be made to personal chequing accounts or non-registered regular savings accounts.
- When making a mobile deposit, you must keep the original cheque for 10 days before disposing of it securely.
- Rules applicable to cheque hold periods are the same as those for cheques deposited at the Caisse Populaire(1).
- There are deposit limits:
- Deposits up to $2,000 for cheques from a financial institution out of province.
- Daily limit of $10,000; $100,000 limit per 30-day period.
This feature is free.
(1) Availability of funds is subject to your caisse’s hold funds policy and your available funds limit. Contact your caisse to learn the restrictions that apply to individual and business members.