Improved logon procedure
Discover an updated logon page and notice that “4540” has been replaced by “Username”.
What is a username?
Your username allows you to log on to your individual accounts.
Your username for your personal accounts can be:
- your Access Card number, with or without the “4540”
- your email address
How to create an email username
You can continue to use your card number to log on even if you create an email username.
To create an email username:
- Log on to AccèsD with your access card number as you’ve done until now, and click on the Profile and preferences icon in the right-hand menu.
- Under Security settings, select Username, and then click on Add an email. Here’s where you can enter your email address.
- You’ll then have to activate your email address with an activation code. Click on Get activation code to get a code.
- Once you receive your code by email, enter it in the Activation code field, and then click on Activate.
You’ll be able to use your email address as your username the next time you log on. You’ll also be able to use your username to log on to AccèsD mobile.
It’s simple, easy to remember and secure!
If you’re also an AccèsD Affaires user, you’ll have to use a different email address to connect to AccèsD and AccèsD Affaires.
Is it still just as secure?
Yes. AccèsD security measures still meet the highest information security standards in the industry. Your security settings—your personal phrase, image and questions—will go on identifying you and ensure you’re logging on to your Caisse Populaire transactional site.